Entrevista con Matt y Dom en backstage Pepsi Center Denver 2010



93.3 FM Radio Contestant Jennifer interviewing Matthew Bellamy and Dominic Howard, backstage at the Pepsi Center, 10/02/2010. I am the videographer.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Interviewer: Number 1: can you tell me about your collaboration with MTV Exit, the campaign to raise awareness of human trafficking please?


Dom: Um, Yeah well MTV came forward and asked us whether we wanted to be involved with it because they’ve obviously done it with uh, made videos with in collaboration with Radiohead and Killers did something as well, so it’s part of the whole campaign and they asked us to do it and we obviously said yes. It’s a great cause what they’re doing, y’know, making awareness for all those kind of issues so, yeah, we thought why not?


Interviewer: That’s wonderful. It’s not obvious but you guys are so busy, it seems like it would be really tough.


Dom: Yeah, well they came up with a good video concept as well, which we really liked, yeah so…yeah, once we kind of, you know, read concepts of the video and looked at what they were doing, what they were…kind of I guess promoting what the whole cause was about, you know, we thought it would be a good thing to get involved with.


Interviewer: Sort of on a lighter note, which songs do you enjoy performing the most?


Dom: Stockholm Syndrome.


Matt: I enjoy Knights of Cydonia and uh…Supermassive Black Hole. (Something mumbley)




Other Interviewer: Have you played knights of Cydonia on Guitar hero?


Matt: Uh, did you try it on Guitar Hero?


Dom: I’ve done Plug In Baby on Guitar Hero where you’re the avatar.


Matt: Oh right, uh, I’m really bad at Guitar Hero. I’ve only tried it a couple of times and I just can’t do it, I dunno, I can’t get the coordination together I don’t know why. It’s weird. It’s different to the real guitar.


Other Interviewer: Well I can’t play the real guitar but Guitar Hero I’m, like, a Gutar Hero.



Matt: Yeah, it’s different skills altogether.


Interviewer: Oh wonderful, those are big crowd pleasers people love those two I saw you guys in Vegas in December so…I flew out there just for that show.


Dom: Well that was a good one, I enjoyed that one actually, it was one of the best ones. Everyone was having a lot of fun.


Interviewer: Um, could you guys comment on some of the similarities between your latest album and George Orwell’s ’1984′? If you’ve read it? Which I hope you have.


Matt: Yeah, um, the song ‘Resistance’ itself is kind of written about the love story between Winston and uh…Julia, I think, wasn’t it? Um, there’s like the idea of this love story sort of emerging in the middle of this dystopian situation, like with a dictator – Big Brother, um I kind of wrote this love song based around that and then that led to the album sort of having a link to that and some of the other songs. And our stage set, uh, the two stage sets we’ve done are both, this one and the one in the different stadiums, are both influenced by these kind of ministries that are inside ’1984′ so it’s kind of all linked…vaguely.



Interviewer: well you know I heard it and as soon as I heard the song I thought of the book so it was wonderful but that’s just me. Anyway, you guys have these quintessential rock star lifestyles, you have everything anybody could want it’s what people dream about so, what else do you want?


Matt: Um, well, to make better music. I care more about that than anything else really, yeah. We don’t do it for- I don’t think we make music for any of the things that come from it that stuff’s just good fun and it’s a good bonus but I think trying to make ourselves get better and come up with new concepts, new ideas and we’re still kind of striving to get somewhere you know, that we haven’t quite got to get and I think we’ll keep carrying on with that, regardless of what rewards come back.


Interviewer: So he’s avoiding the personal part. Anything personal you’d like?


Dom: Um, I’d like a 1966 Chevrolet corvette. I don’t have one of those but I’d like to try and buy one.


Interviewer: Awesome! Last question: Any plans to dress up for Halloween and if so what will you be dressing up as? It’s later this month, time to think about it.


Matt: We were thinking of all dressing up as Kiss really uh we thought that would be a good costume, but we’re not sure who’s going to be the weird little…mouse style. No one wants to be the bass player, so…



Dom: I think that’s the drummer the guy with the whiskers so I might have to take it on the chin so, yeah, I think that would be cool.



Matt: Yeah kiss maybe or world leaders wasn’t it?




Dom: Which could be bit edgy.




Matt: Because we we’re going to a Halloween party and we were going to, us the band, we were going to theme ourselves.




Interviewer: what do you guys think of star wars characters?



Dom: You know what, I’ve always wanted? Another thing to add to the rock star list of things, I’ve always wanted a storm troopers outfit, like a proper one., like a serious piece, yeah so, that’s kind of easy though because you just kind of get it on and hide behind and no one knows who you are. Yeah, maybe that’s a good recommendation as well.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


FUENTE

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario